Monday, April 21, 2008

you can spend a whole life listening...then trip...

I have learned something today...the art of listening. Well...my friends over a lifetime have known the secret..that I knew as well. I used to listen...and thus found conversation...people would talk...I could draw them out...and just listen.

Now...someone observed I no longer do that...and so, I wonder how does one change...to something they are not? I wonder how a lifetime habit could change...

I think it is because...I looked for conversation...a lifetime of listening meant I no longer had a voice...and when I went to voice...I no longer had conversation.

Friends tell you the truth...and the truth is difficult at times. But, it is also very good to hear.

I think that is answers many questions. It also will help me to be a better friend again. Which is important...in the end.

Light, comes through sometimes. And it helps to heal wounds. Will it change anything? No...but it did answer the question.

Listening again...good to do...and something I am more comfortable with.

Love,
The lass

No comments: