Monday, April 7, 2008

my family loves to sing lullabies to ours...

There is nothing more memorable to me than hearing my mother sing a lullaby to us...when we were small in the eyes of world...and it was something we would do with my nieces....a tradition...to bring sleep to my nieces and to bring quiet to the home...safe and secure...we would be...with a lullaby to bring us to the land of dreams..and dreaming....

But this lullaby has a different tone and a different meaning. A child born to a violent culture would need such sweet refrain...and assurance that all would be well...this is the lullaby to save the child from the real fears...not of the goblin in the closet....but the fears no child should ever bear...

This is the Lullaby for a world gone mad...and the peace of a child's sleep in it.



so sweet dreams all...

And I sing a lullaby...to all of you...and Matt and Henry...this is dedicated to you...

Love,
The Lass

No comments: