Friday, December 21, 2007

Two questions....and the meaure of life...

I just saw the most poignant,beautiful movie I have seen in years. There was no high tech...there was no great musical score...there was just the communion that took place between two men...who were facing their deaths...with a list..."The Bucket List".

Now I am not going to spoil the movie for you...because I truly wish you all would go to see this movie...and you will know what I am trying to say.

The Bucket List is a movie about the measure of our lives...and the meaning we attach to it. It is also about the love of two strangers who found in each other a gift...one that would change them...and that I believe is the most important gift you can give a person.

I will share with you one of the important questions posed by this film...or two...

It is said that the ancient Egyptians believe that when you cross over...you were met at the gate...and two questions were asked. The answer would determine your eternal resting place...

The first question: Did you have joy in you life? The second question: Did you bring joy to others? I wonder...what each of us would answer...I know I have given it thought.

The Bucket List is something that we all need to do. It is The List...the things we need to do before we "kick the bucket".

So, during these most holey days...if you get a quiet moment. Take out a piece of paper...and write...your bucket list...then share it with someone you would like to share your experiences with...

If you don't get to see the film...write the list...and make sure one of the items you cross off...is to see "The Bucket List"



You should do this..."you can do this." Write your list...and then start crossing them off.

No comments: