Monday, December 10, 2007

missing Grace.

A little imp...a little girl would cuddle with me each evening back in a day when I had family to warm my soul Grace, my little angel. My niece would snuggle up in my arms and lay there quietly drifting off to sleep. It seemed sometimes that she just thought she belonged there. Warm and safe in a place next to her aunt. I would look at her little face, sleeping softly and reflect on the miracle that was her.

A childless life I lived, then God gave me three nieces to spend some time with. They were and are such unique personalities. Each soul granted with such distinction, and such love that it gives me pause to think of them even now, separated by distance...but still close to my heart.

So it is at times like these, that I remember the cuddles with Grace...and her little angelic face...slumbering in the shallow of my harm...safe, warm...and sharing my world...if even for just a moment. I wonder if Grace will remember those moments when she cuddles her own children...will she look back? I hope so...and I hope that she is granted the blessing of having such a sweet moment with a child of her own...what will the future be for the three little women in my life? I know only this...they will always be loved, always be cherished by those of us who were blessed to have them in our lives....good night sweet ones. Didi loves and misses you. Sweet dreams.

No comments: