Monday, December 10, 2007

Mary...I remember her well

The JFK assassination launched more than mere curiosity for a small Texas woman...it launched a lifetime pursuit of answers...Mary's quest for truth.

I knew Mary, as a friend. I visited her home, spent a Christmas with her family, and found her to be enigmatic. Mary had many sides...as we all do. Her life was complex and her inner life would be difficult to understand. I knew Mary as a mother of a friend of mine...she and Buck visited us in Alaska...Buck's dream...to visit Alaska.

Mary's home was filled with newspapers and files piled in some sort of chaotic organization, that only Mary understood. I listened to her talk about her computer...and the three by five cards that would be entered into a database...one that would launch a foundation...data...is not life.

Mary will always remain in my memory...as will my time spent with her, her family and her data..


I will remember you...

No comments: