Monday, May 19, 2008

some women...just make a difference...


I am going to treat myself to a movie tonight...not just a movie...but a Lewis, extravaganza. And as luck would have it, I read a little quote from Lewis's step son...about an experience that occured with C.S., and his mother...read on.

Adamson made his case for the changes to Gresham by arguing that Lewis' female characters become stronger as the book series progresses — something he attributes to Lewis' real-life romance with Gresham's mother, Joy Davidman. Gresham agreed. As evidence, he recounted an encounter he witnessed between Lewis, Davidman and a longbow-wielding trespasser on their property. Davidman carried a small "garden gun." When the man aimed a drawn arrow at the pair, Lewis chivalrously stepped in front of Davidman to shield her. He remained for a moment until Davidman, a Bronx native, commanded, "Goddamn, Jack, get out of my line of fire."

I have always loved these two characters...and their romance, love...and mutual respect have been what I have sought...but not yet found...a chemistry of grit, intelligence and yes...adoration.

So...thrilled I am...to be seeing yet another adventure in Narnia...Popcorn and soda...does it get better than this? Oh...maybe...but just a little.

Please go and see it...better yet read the books. I did...and became a fan...



Love,
The Lass

You see...one woman can make a difference...to a man with vision...and a good tale to tell...

No comments: