Friday, May 16, 2008

a joyous occassion...and once again I wasn't there....

First there was the dynamic duo of Phil and Ann...now there is Justin and Adriana...two people who I have come to know, and care about. This wonderful couple joined the ranks of the hopeful tonight. They wed. And this leap of faith was one that I truly had my concerns about.

For those who are not sure one can meet their beloved online...well, Justin and Adriana are one of the success stories. They met online. They met in person. They fell in love. And as all love stories...theirs had a bit of a bumpy start. Now I should say not all love stories begin that way. But, I rather think that if you really think about it, most do, and for good reason...get all that silliness out, to let the relationship in.

So, Justin and Adriana did just that. They fought the odds. Long Distance, a cultural divide, a language difference and a little thing call insecurity reared its ugly head...but the two lovers found a way to get back to the relationship...and maybe they will now have time to devote to each other, their future...and I personally hope...some happiness...

For my two friends, who have proven that sometimes you simply must work out the bugs, and take that leap...Congratulations...and may your lives together bring joy, and most importantly...may that joy be shared with friends and community. We all need to share in it you know.

And although I once again...missed the happy occasion, I am not one to stay away from the celebration. So here is to the couple, who got out of their own way...and let love in.



You see you begin...the moment you decide to let love in.

and this is my favorite...to offer my advice...and hope.



I hope you dance...don't sit it out...

Love,
The Lass

No comments: