Sunday, January 20, 2008

Remembering Jannine....


Some people come into your life for a reason...just as my baby sister did. Just when I thought life could not get any more complicated in our household...a surprise announcement...mom is pregnant...Yikes!!! Is that possible? Well, indeed it was...

One morning I was a happy go lucky child with only a brother to cause me distress...then the fateful day arrived...and all hell broke loose.

Now here is a little thing I remembered. My first boyfriend...well my only one in my youth was named Wayne. He was a wonderful person, and quite handsome by all standards. Wayne was and is someone special and for a young lass...the perfect first love. So it would be that I would go to his prom...I would share in a fishing expedition...and witness his graduation from High School...

There would be many days I would remember...but then there was Jannine...my baby sister who...would "join" us frequently on excursions...Did I say frequently? I mean...all of the time...no really...I MEAN ALL OF THE TIME...

Now...I loved my baby sis...but really...did she have to be there all of the time? I wound up being the baby sitter on more than one occasion...well all of the time...while el cid was attending University...

Now Jannine being Jannine has always had very good self esteem...no problem with her little ego. Which by all accounts is the sign of a well adjusted person. However, there is a limit.

Let me explain.

There are certain events that are important in life. Like graduation from High School. And Wayne's was important to me. We had met when I was twelve, and simply never left each other's side for all of those years. We attended Mass together...and took long walks together...dreamed our dreams of the future together...Oh...and shared many of those moments with Jannine...my ever present witness...haha

Well, on Wayne's big day...he dropped by the house to show off his car...a mustang...and to visit with me...well I thought it was me he came to visit.

After a quick toast with faux champagne...a picture was taken...with the little red head and Wayne toasting this momentous occasion...after Wayne left...the redheaded vixen...very proud of herself...ushered Wayne to the door...at five years old...I believe she was a vixenette...or vixen wanna be...I digress.

So the wee Lass turned to el Cid and announced..."I am going to marry
Wayne one day." I looked a little stunned I am sure....and I asked.."What makes you think so?" And the little vixen answered confidently..."Because he came to see me on his graduation day." "Don't you think he came to visit me?", I replied. "Sure", she responded. "But that is because you are always hanging around."

Now...Wayne didn't marry either one of us...and my little sister may have had a crush on the boy who would always remain...my one true love...but I think...no I know...he came to visit me that day...or at least I thought he did...until...you know who, burst my bubble...

Well, all is forgiven...and besides, I did pick out your husband...one good turn...deserves another...happy anniversary...as well...two birds with one stone...you do know how to simplify things.

Love the lass..

To the True Companions...

No comments: