Friday, March 21, 2008

purchasing a new car...I think I am going to be sick


Sometimes even independent, persnickety people simply need to let others help them. I am one...You know I have traveled this planet alone for quite awhile...and feel fairly competent to handle almost anything...I say almost because it is almost anything that I can do...however...when it comes to purchasing a car...well..that is something I simply don't do well. Especially when I have to. So...in walks my new friend Justin, and he is going to help me...for a price of course...haha.

So here is the question. How can a person who navigates most things in life fairly well, have this car problem. El Cid is a good negotiator. But not me...so although she has handed down many a fine characteristic...this is not one. What is up with that?

I think it is because I have no desire to really own the thing. I love to drive...I love the ease and comfort of having a vehicle...I was born in Detroit, Michigan...which should make it genetic...but...somehow, the whole thing makes me a little squeamish.

So, I actually asked Justin for help. Me...yes mom...I said I asked for help. I don't know why...but that one is difficult. I think it is...because, I think I must do everything for myself. However, admitting to our shortcomings...is after all a wise thing..so, never too old to try something new...

Justin and his lovely lady Adriana will help me look at a car tomorrow. Now...that may not mean I will get one...but I need to do this quickly. Time is now critical.

So...here is what I did. I looked up purchasing tips. Yes of course I did...and boy was it an education. They should require this in School.

NOW...ABOUT THE PRICE I AM PAYING FOR ASSISTANCE...lunch ON ME..maybe I am a better negotiator than I thought!!!



Did you understand this? hmmmm



Now I did understand this...but I speak Ausie...(I think that was what she was speaking)

well...let us hope this doesn't happen to me...



Yikes....

Love,
The Lass

oh...and see you tomorrow Justin and Adriana...just in case you read this...you guys are great...did I tell you that?

No comments: