Monday, December 29, 2008

an Innkeeper...it sounds so delicious...

Dream? Yes I have one...I want to be an Innkeeper. That is to say. I would love to own a Bed and Breakfast. So, to that end, I am working toward that goal. First, the education. What it takes to be a good innkeeper. I don't want to be just a good innkeeper...I want to be the best. So that people from all around the globe will want to visit, and thus...give me the opportunity to be gainfully employed in something I love...in a home I would enjoy, and truth be told...retire from work that just does not suit me.

So what is it like to be an Innkeeper?

Just ask these people. They have 10 reasons...

Top Ten Reasons I love being an Innkeeper:

I get to meet the most awesome people.

I love people and have so many opportunities to express that love.

I enjoy watching people unwind, relax and mellow each day they are with us.

Sometimes I feel I was born to serve people, so innkeeping makes me feel personally fulfilled.

I had a restaurant (now that was a hate thing).....and the only part of that business that I really enjoyed...was serving people, talking with people and giving them a wonderful experience.

I can't tell you what reading the comments in our guest books does for me emotionally. I turn to mush, not really believing it could have been that great an experience.

I love to cook simple, normal breakfast food and I have no place to put the accolades I get for that.

It blows me away that people just want to sit and chat for hours...I listen to their stories and tell mine.

To feel their gratitude because I waited up late and welcomed them to the inn after traffic problems, endless drives, airport delays, snow storms, etc., etc., .....what a blessing that is to me.

I still can't believe (after five years of innkeeping) I can make a living doing something that is so much fun! I am one happy innkeeper!

Philip & Ellen Wolff,


Now that is the ticket...I love that. And so...I will be an innkeeper, it makes sense.

Wish me luck...

Love,
The Lass

Oh...and for a little inspiration.



Now...I am not saying that I would have such a visit...but who really knows what visitor will come...looking for comfort...or simple conversation...a bale of hay...and that is a very nice thought. And in my Inn...all will be welcome...hearth and home.

Love,
The lass

Quote by Jewish Proverb
The innkeeper loves a drunkard, but not for a son-in-law

No comments: